Tue, Dec 20|
Winter Solstice Moon and Portals with Roshni Robert
Abstract watercolor moons and portals to celebrate the winter solstice
Dec 20, 2022, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM PST
Join us for a fun evening painting moons and portals to celebrate the winter solstice!
Leading into the winter solstice we're thinking about seasonal transitions and taking inspiration from the natural world. December's full moon is known as the "cold moon," and in Western Abenaki it's called the Winter Maker Moon. The moon on the day of our class is a waxing crescent, but we'll look to moons and moon portals of all kinds. This class is suitable for any level, even if you have no experience painting. Come put color to paper and learn about dimension, painting negative space, making ethereal washes and how meditative repetition can be.
- Pencil (a hard pencil, 2H or 4H, but any will do!)
- Paper (140lb, all cotton paper will work best for this, but bring what you have. Sheets, block, pad, whatever)
- Watercolors, any you have, especially if you have granulating paints!
- Brushes, medium round preferred
- Two things to trace a circle from, like a jar, a lid, a small bowl--any size from around 2 inches to something as big as 8 inches. Just something smallish and something medium.
About Roshni Robert
Roshni Robert is an artist and floral designer. She approaches painting and floral work in much the same way, always drawn first to color. She has favorites like everyone does, but the longer that she works with them, the more interested she becomes in odd pairings and seeing something work out unexpectedly.
**These classes are intended to be live and interactive. If you can't make the class, please email email@example.com. For a full refund, please cancel at least 48 hours in advance.
Reserve a spot
Single ticket$35.00+$0.88 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out